Nearby, reachable within minutes to 1 hour:
- Beach: swimming, nature walks. The safest and most beautiful swimming spot is 300m from your cabana. This beach is wide, endless, clean, and never crowded.
- Lagoon trip: catamaran with a local guide or kayaks can be rented, the lagoon is 50m from ChillEnjoy.
- Turtle watch: we are located at the starting point of the nature reserve. It is handier to take a tuk-tuk to the famous Rekawa Turtle Conservation Project site, where you get professional guidance, respecting the turtles and the environment.
- Birdwatching: the lagoon is a nature reserve, with numerous species of beautiful and rare birds.
- Fishing: depending on season and weather, the beachfront and the lagoon are popular fishing spots for the local people, too. Whether you bring your own gear or borrow one from us, you have the chance of a good catch, as well as to see and try out different traditional ways of fishing. Fancy trying one yourself? Let us know.
- Nature walks, running: It is an excellent sports training to walk or the beach sand or to run the village streets.
- Bicycle trips: You can rent simple bicycles from us.
- Tangalle town: If you want to experience a typical Srí Lankan town, Tangalle is the place for you. There are a market and several shops where you can buy local products and presents.
- Hummanaya Blowhole: a short drive from Tangalle is a natural rock formation where the water may rise even 20m high, like a fountain.
- Mulkirigala Rock Temple: an ancient Buddhist temple, the same style as the famous ones in the North and not so crowded. Worth visiting if your holiday is too short to travel around and still you want to get an impression of the ancient times.
- Devinuwara Temple: Worth seeing to get an impression of the contemporary practice of ancient tradition.
- Photography: Nature is incredibly rich here, lights are beautiful. Even without special skills and equipment, you can take beautiful photos here to keep a lifetime memory.
- Surfing: there are several smaller bays with surfing spots within a 30min tuk-tuk ride from Tangalle, e.g. Hiriketiya, where you can rent surfboards and get instruction.
Short or full-day trips:
- Yala National Park: famous for the variety of species spottable.
- Udawalawe National Park: mainly for elephants and birds, even though if you are lucky, you can see some rare animals too. All our guests who visited Udawalawe came back overwhelmed by the experience.
- Bundala National Park: mainly for bird-lovers.
- Sinharaja Rainforest: you can take guided walking tours, get to know the unique flora and fauna of the rainforest and even swim in a waterfall.
- Kataragama: one of the most famous religious destinations of Srí Lanka for Buddhist, Hindu and Muslim pilgrims, beautiful spiritual experience of live ancient traditions.
- Weherahena Temple, Matara has the highest Buddha statue of the South, it is an ancient temple also in everyday use. If you are lucky, you can also catch a Perahera or another celebration.
- Dondra Lighthouse, Matara outskirts – the southernmost point of Srí Lanka,
- Matara: a perfect place to experience a typical Srí Lankan city-life, shopping for Asian fashion and gifts. Some shops have real treasures if you take enough time to look.
- Galle: a historical town keeping the atmosphere of the colonial times
- Whale watching in Mirissa
National Park and nature trips start early in the morning, e.g. 3 am, in order to reach the parks by sunrise when most animals are out. Later on, because of the heat, they hide and also you will prefer a juice in the shadow 🙂 If you wish, we prepare a packed breakfast for you that you can take with you on the trip.
Srí Lanka round trips
We can support you to organize round trips lasting more days. Each traveler is unique, each trip is customized – let us know your interests, ideas, needs, time-frame, and budget, we can give you tips and information on what is worth and realistic. We can also organize reliable, experienced drivers and comfortable, clean and safe vehicles for you.